Application open February 1st, 2019
Applications will only be accepted online.Please apply through the indicated application form. Unless there are excessive amount of applications, everyone will take part in the selection process. For detailed matters of the first day of participation in the student selection process, we will inform the applicant separately.
Selection Period Starts September 2019
The student selection period begins in September 2019, and students advance research along Manai’s curriculum for six-months. During the period, students are not only evaluated based on achievements and end-products, but also are evaluated and selected by passion for science.
Enrolled students confirmed end of January, 2020
All the screening will finish and students who officially enter Manai will be decided. “Senpai” will be confirmed to support you as soon as you enter Manai. Regarding the admission procedure details, we will inform the students who have passed individually.
Enrollment April 2020
Entering Manai as a first batch student, students will start their research of about two and a half year from April under the support of Mentor and Senpai.
- As of September 2019, you are enrolled in the 3rd year of junior high school or first year of high school (Please consult individually for students other than the ages listed.)
- Able to commute to Manai Base in Ichigaya, Tokyo
- Can communicate in English
- Passion to express themselves through science
- Current junior high/high school students can also join the selection process using their afterschool periods and weekends.
“Talent is something the society breeds and using those talents for the society is how to give back”
is the shared understanding who will act as a “Senpai” and support the students.
Each student who pass the application process and enroll to Manai will be assigned their own “Senpai”.
“Senpai,” as experienced member of the society, will help lead the students in their activities.
Specific roles of “Senpai” are:
- Building relationship with the student
- Financial support for the student’s learning
- Access to their network
“Senpai” will be able to give back to the society through the talented Manai student - expanding their communities and field through the student.
We believe that for the students during their impressionable times being able to receive support and walk through this time together, will be extremely memorable and impactful.